FAQs and Policies
How do I care for my piece?
All pieces are food-, microwave-, and dishwasher-safe unless otherwise specified. Ceramic pieces are vitrified; glazes act as a barrier between the clay body and liquids. Please mindful of quick temperature changes, as these pieces are fragile. Do not submerge in cold water after removing from microwave, this could cause the piece to crack.
Where do you ship?
I’m based in Chicago, IL in the United States. At this time, I ship within the continental United States using the United States Postal Service (USPS).
If your package is returned to me I will email you and refund your purchase price but not the shipping costs. If you live outside of the US wish to purchase a piece please email me.
How much are shipping cost?
Ceramics can be heavy and require a great deal of packaging to prevent breakage. At checkout, your shipping cost will automatically populate.
Please inspect the outside for damage after receiving it. As you take each piece out and unwrap it, inspect it for breakage. Please hold on to packaging away until all pieces have been inspected — this is important for filing a claim. If the order contains a gift, I suggest opening the package to inspect the contents and then re-sealing it.
Please take a picture of the site of the break on the item, the broken pieces of the item, the packaging in the box, and any spots of damage on the outside of the box. I get shipping insurance on every package and these pictures are required for reimbursement.
What's your return policy?
All sales are final. Currently, I do not accept returns for any reason.
I take precautions to secure the pieces, protecting them from damage in transit, but accidents do happen during shipping. I'll be sure to correct if your something does happen to your piece.
What if my ceramic pieces arrive broken?
Upon receiving your package, please immediately inspect the outside for damage. As you take each piece out and unwrap it, inspect it for breakage. Please don't discard any packaging away until all pieces have been inspected — this is important for filing a claim. Please take a photo of the break on the item, the broken pieces of the item, the packaging in the box, and any spots of damage on the outside of the box.
If you receive a broken piece, please email me within 24 hours of receipt. Your email must a photo of the broken item:
- Your order number
- A picture of any marks or damage on the outside of the package
- A picture of the packaging inside of the box
- A picture of the site of the break on the item(s)
- A picture of the broken pieces of the item(s)
- If you request a refund, I will issue it within 24 hours of your request, and funds should be returned to your original payment account around 5-7 business days. Once a refund is issued, no more claims may be made for that order.
- If you desire an exchange, please indicate which pieces you want and I will ship out a new package within 72 hours at no cost to you. Please note that if there are any breakages in this follow-up package, no refund or exchange claims will be honored, but a discount code may be issued for future purchases.'
Can I order a commission?
So very soon, but not just yet. I require a new kiln before I can start firing new work. I'm happy to start the conversation, and begin orders that aren't needed until December 2021. However, until I acquire a new kiln (which I'm fundraising for), I won't be able to meet your needs.